2010年11月26日星期五

The Rose

When I heard the word "love" again, I couldn't help but wonder what love is, what kind of love I want.

I recall the song sung by the singer - 阿桑, who appeared in my sight when I was lost in my love for you, who died young at the time we were torn apart by my love for you. She was singing:

Some say love it is a river
That drowns the tender reed.
Some say love it is a razor
That leaves your soul to bleed.
......

I would say love is a hunger, an endless, aching need.

I'm not afraid of breaking my heart, it is your heart I'm afraid of breaking.

I'm not afraid of waking from my dream. I hesitate to take the chance just because I know our dreams are different to some extent and I'm afraid of waking you up harshly again.

I know my soul will revive, as long as you come back to my life.

The night has been too lonely for a long long time, the road to the destination has been too long too. I know all these will change as long as you come back.

Then why I'm holding back?

I once thought that love is for the lucky and the strong and the smart. What if I'm the fool and the unlucky and the stubborn?

Do I deserve your innocent love, even it is not exactly what I want?

I know in the winter, far beneath the bitter snow, lies the seed that with the sun's love, in the spring, it becomes the rose.

Could the seed of my love become the rose you are long for some day?

I have no answers at all. Really.

没有评论: