2009年9月27日星期日

The Paradox of Love


Miss you! As usual, what I do and what I dream include you. I just can’t stop thinking of you even for one minute.

It's a normal evening. “Eli Stone” is on screen, like a virtual friend keep me accompany, keep me in sanity. There are enormous resources of sitcoms online. Were you not to mention your favorite soap operas before, the door to this sitcom world wouldn’t be opened to me. Now I am a "fan", a big fan of them, for some reasons. Will my loneliness come to an end just like these sitcoms come to their final season?

When it came to the end of episode 3, when I heard the dialogue between protagonists, I kind of lost in flashbacks and fleeting thoughts.

The plot is simple and stereotyped. Eli gets an aneurysm in brain, he has hallucination from time to time, and is haunted by memories with his father in childhood. He decides to break up with his fiancée to keep her away from miserable future. His fiancée asks him to look at her and says: "This is simple. Do you love me?" He answers:"Yes, I love you too much to drag you into such a mess." His fiancée stares him for a while, then slowly replys: "Maybe you just do not love me for enough." Then left.

At that moment, I can’t help but wondering which thing is the right thing to do under such circumstance. To break or not to break? To leave or not to leave? To get through the worst things together or to push her away? To bear the unbearable guilt or to appease your conscience? What is true love? Which one is better? Which love is more? Which side you should take? Leave choice to her or choose for her? Are you really doing the things for her best interest?

Love is enigma, isn't it?

没有评论: