2009年5月11日星期一

Inglish_11/05/09

I borrow your title again. You know why? I miss you so much, I really miss the sharing between us. Yes, It is me to stop you from continuing. But you know the reason.

I try to continue this series here instead even without your interaction, just to soothe myself a bit.

......

double-bill: a cinema, theatre, concert etc performance in which you can see two films, plays etc, one after the other

high-flying: A high-flying person is successful or is likely to be successful in their career.

laypeople: 俗人,门外汉

hobnob: 亲切交谈,过从甚密,对酌
It is also a way to generate industry buzz for the venerable magazine, and a chance to lure potential advertisers with a bit of glamour and some hobnobbing with staff luminaries.

amuse-bouche:开胃小点
“I'm your amuse-bouche," he announced. "Don't worry. The entree is coming."

beacon of hope: 希望之光
Discussions of the financial crisis proved to be surprising beacons of hope。

mishmash: 混杂物
Perhaps inevitably, the show is a mishmash.
mash-up: 混搭
In a world of YouTube mash-ups and blog aggregators, it feels right to revisit the original pasticheurs of the art world.

tie-in: 搭卖的
Movie tie-ins are absolved from these requirements.
spin-off:副产品
Spin-off games are often rushed, to be ready in time for the film release.

moonshiner: 烈酒私酿/走私者
I was amused to hear that people who rat out moonshiners are called “reporters”—apparently a derogatory term in these parts.

没有评论: