2009年3月25日星期三

Love Matters

The phone was ringing again. I had to admit, it was beyond my expectation.

I cannot adequately describe the intensity of what I was feeling at that moment, love, anger, sadness, hope and fear, whirling together, sharpened by the nervousness I was feeling. My heart was beating unregularly fast. I couldn't breath.

What was I supposed to say?

I took an instant decision, just for your spontaneous reaction. Yes, it was enough for me to try to bear unbearable things again and find a way back to you. I may misinterpret your response again, but I don't care. I believe in my intuition. And I'm just a fool in love.

Don't you know, you've changed me slowly? You've made me softer and softer?

The past is gone, it's history. We can't undo what's been done. Nor can we explain it all.

You try to push me out of your life, expect me to accept it knowing you love me. What do you think I'm made of?

Why do we have to annoy ourselves. What-ifs are for tomorrow. The moment's what matters. And at this moment, I want to love you tenderly. I don't want to give it up. But I will try, for your sake.

I have learned not to hurry – have taught myself not to push, not to rush, but to take things as they come. And in a very real way to embrace every single moment. I learn to think and try to concentrate on the moment rather than the before or after.

Don't you know, only love matters?

......

Take me to your heart,
Take me to your soul,
Give me your hand before I'm old
Show me what love is
Show me that wonders can be true
They say nothing lasts forever
We're only here today
Love is now or never



没有评论: